BlueBet invests $500k in free-to-play fantasy game provider Low6

main__photo
ASX-listed sports betting provider BlueBet has made a strategic investment worth $500,000 in free-to-play sports gamification platform provider Low6.

UK-based Low6 produces free-to-play and fantasy games to help engage audiences for sports franchises, betting operators and media outlets. It is the operator of the UltimateFan fantasy app and other titles including partner-branded Pick ’Em-style games.

Australia-based BlueBet, which is also live in the US, said it expects to leverage its investment in the business to expand its product offering into free-to-play games, to assist in onboarding and engaging its customer base.

The investment will allow BlueBet to launch products on Low6’s platform for a five-year period, and underscores its commitment to adding new and innovative products to its portfolio, the operator said.

BlueBet CEO Bill Richmond: “We see free-to-play gaming as a huge adjacent opportunity to our core sportsbooks and know there is real appetite from our customers – particularly our younger customers who make up a considerable portion of our book – to extend their playing time with BlueBet into new formats such as fantasy sports.”

“We are excited to announce our strategic investment in Low6, one of the global leaders in sports gamification technology,” said Bill Richmond, BlueBet CEO.

“We see free-to-play gaming as a huge adjacent opportunity to our core sportsbooks and know there is real appetite from our customers – particularly our younger customers who make up a considerable portion of our book – to extend their playing time with BlueBet into new formats such as fantasy sports. 

“We look forward to working with Low6 to create bespoke iGaming solutions which fit with our differentiated consumer brands, which will attract new customers to BlueBet in Australia and ClutchBet in the US.”

The operator’s ClutchBet brand made its US debut in Iowa in August this year, and is currently working towards additional state launches in Colorado, Louisiana and Indiana.

BlueBet’s overall operations generated A$13.5m in net win from A$133m in handle during Q3 2022. Around 85% of the firm’s betting turnover was driven by thoroughbred, greyhound and harness racing, with the remaining 15% coming from other sports.

About the author

photo
Conor Mulheir

Conor entered the gaming industry in 2018 producing high-level live event content for audiences in London, Amsterdam and São Paulo. From 2020, he went on to report news and commission exclusive content for various gaming media brands before joining iGaming NEXT as editor in January 2022.

Subscribe to our weekly newsletters

Related Stories